1. I'm kicking off our coffee talk this week with a design piece that I'm so stoked to put in my mom's new house. It's this beautiful charcoal gray sofa that I found while out shopping with my mom. I'm digging this baby for a few reasons. First off, it's a twist on a more traditional look, which works well in the space and with my parent's personalities. They want their home to still have a lot of traditional characteristics, but not feel stuffy and outdated. Secondly, the legs to this couch make me drool. Literally. Okay maybe not literally, but aren't they gorgeous?! I love adding natural finishes wherever I can, because they can ground a space, and make it feel homey.
I can't wait to adorn this beauty with a couple textured pillows. Maybe a cognac colored leather pillow for some fun? Who knows...
2. On a totally unrelated note, I’ve realized recently how much I fill up every free moment I have. Endless scrolling or planning or tidying. It's like this constant need to be entertained, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. So a couple days ago, I started the practice of just sitting for ten minutes and resting my mind and my body. There is such great value in just mediating without distraction.
I start out by setting a timer on my phone and setting it somewhere out of reach. Then I bring to mind a piece of scripture, or a promise from God and focus my mind on it. If you're not a religious person, I believe strongly in the power of speaking truth over yourself with positive affirmations. Things like "I am worthy of..." or "I am a joyful person". Anyway, I know it's kind of woo-woo, but I am learning and enjoying the process of doing absolutely nothing. It might not be revolutionary or change my life forever, but I believe there to be such value in allowing yourself to be bored.
3. My third love this week is actually my stainless steel yeti. I know it’s not design related, but in the throws of hot July, this thing pulls it’s weight. I have put ice water in it, left it in the hot car on a 95 degree day, with the lid off, and come back to the ice still frozen in my cup. HOW DO THE YETI MANUFACTURER'S DO THIS?! Seth, laughs because I'm always so amazed by the power of the Yeti.
Mine is just the regular stainless steel silver, but they have tons of cute colors!
4. I'm a huge reader but with three little babies and a budding business, I don't have a ton of time to sit down and read. But I just discovered Hoopla, and basically it’s an app for local libraries, that allows you to check books out using your phone. I use their audio books constantly, because like I said #motherhood, but they also have movies, music, and e-books, which is super handy. You can find it by searching "Hoopla Digital" in the app store.
5. I saved the best for last. We got this Roomba a few months ago, and I still love it so freaking much! Like so much.
For those of you who don’t know, a Roomba is a robotic vacuum that you can program to go off at certain times of the day. Everyday at 2 PM, DJ Roomba (My Parks and Recs friends know whats up 😊) vacuums our whole house. It’s glorious. Really.
I hope you all have an awesome weekend!